Find A Ride
CTCL is available to provide reliable transportation for those in need of the service for any reason from a shopping trip to doctor’s appointments.
At CTCL we offer three types of service to suit your needs:
Our Dial-A-Ride service works like a regular taxi service although to book a service you must call 24 to 48 hours before you plan to travel. If you are unable to pre-book a return trip at the time of booking your trip you may have to wait until a driver is available or you may have to find an alternate means of travel.
Our charter services are available to take you and a group of up to 18 people wherever you need to go for events and more. This service must be charged for a minimum of three hours at a time.
CTCL’s regular service is designed for consistent use for work and education purposes. To use our regular services you do not have to call each time to book a ride but the service does have to be booked a month at a time.
CTCL is available to serve the citizens of Colchester County.
Do you or a family member have an appointment for your 1st, 2nd or booster vaccination, but need transportation to get to it? We can help get you there and back home, and our services are available for anyone 5 years old and up.
With our varied vehicles, including accessible options, we can take you to your appointment regardless of your mobility. So if you need transportation, contact us today.
A parent/guardian must accompany young riders up to the age of 16.
Booking a ride, in 3 easy steps:
- Pre-book your vaccination appointment according to the directions given by the Department of Health.
- Go to our “How to Book” section (just under this section, or under our main menu). You’ll find our ride booking process there.
- Follow our directions on how to book your trip.
(Please note: Round trip cost is only $5. We require booking at least 24 hours in advance.)
Easily accessible. We’re the Way To Go.
We have implemented COVID-19 protocols and procedures to protect everyone’s health and safety. Please ask us at the time you book what current policies are in place.
To book one of our services please contact us a minimum of 24 hours in advance. All requests must come through the office; requests cannot be made to drivers directly to ensure efficiency in our route planning.
To book a service please use one of the following:
[email protected] (bookings)
[email protected] (for everything else)
Office: Mon to Fri, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Bookings must be received before 2:30 pm for next day service.
Dial-A-Ride: Mon to Fri, 7 am to 5 pm
Charters: days, evenings and weekends based on clients needs
How to Cancel a Booked ServiceCancellation requires a minimum of two hours notice. Failure to cancel at least two hours before your booked trip could result in a charge for the service. To cancel, please call 902.896.7433. If there is no answer please leave a message. We check messages starting at 6:30 am daily. We understand that things happen. Charging a cancellation fee will be at the discretion of CTCL.
Per person/one way
Up to 5 km: $5.00
5.1-10 km: $7.00
10.1 – 15 km: $9.00
15.1 – 20 km: $11.00
20.1 km or more: 75¢ per km
If you are in need of an assistant to help you from your home and on and off the bus, your attendant rides for free. You must advise dispatch at time of booking that you require assistance and register your assistant with us.
Groups of up to 18 people/bus
Please call 902-896-7433 for a customized quote
Service Standard Policies
- Be prepared that there are times where things happen and our vehicles may be running late such as a vehicle breakdown, traffic and accident etc. Should a delay in service occur every effort will be made to contact the clients affected.
- The driver will not wait any longer than 10 minutes past the scheduled time reserved for pickup.
- The driver will assist wheelchair passengers on and off the bus but pickup and delivery of passengers is to curbside only.
- Drivers are not required to assist passengers with packages, so passengers should limit packages to what they can carry.
- Drivers are not permitted to enter any clients homes.
- Clients needing assistance should make arrangements to have someone with them. This person travels free but must be registered with CTCL at time of booking.
- Attendants are required to get on and off the bus at the same location as the client.
- CTCL reserves the right to assess the clients’ need for an attendant.
- Seat belts must be worn by all passengers.
- CTCL reserved the right to refuse service to non-compliant passengers.
- Please call 902-896-7433 to cancel an appointment.(what about cancelling via email?)
- Cancellations are to be received by our office a minimum of two hours prior to your scheduled pickup time.
- If your pickup time is scheduled for before 8 am you are required to cancel no later than 6:30 am the day of your booking. That is the earliest time messages are checked by our office.
- Do not call drivers to cancel your appointment. Calling a driver does not relinquish you of your responsibility to ensure that the office is notified. Failure to provide proper notice to our office will result in a cancellation fee of either half the trip or the whole trip, depending on the circumstances.
- Please consider others who wish to use the service. Book time for when you know you are available. If you need to cancel please provide us with as much notice as possible. This allows us to book someone else in that time slot.
“My mother uses this service twice a week and is very happy with the service they provide. It’s a great asset for our town..” Connie Baird
“Hats off to CTCL. As a regular user of the services offered, I want to commend this company for the service they provide to our area. The vehicles are safe, well equipped to meet all needs, helpful and pleasant drivers with prompt service. Thanks so much for your help!” Fran Fiddes